Efficacy Test for Skincare and Cosmetics
Efficacy Test is a type of evaluation of the effectiveness of skincare and cosmetic products, under physician’s supervision and with the tools for measuring skin conditions.
The evaluation period depends on the product types and claims, and usually takes from one to three months.
The test conducted with a group of healthy volunteers, and to save your time and cost we can also process some other necessary clinical trials at the same time, such as irritation test.
What is the evaluation period for Efficacy Test?
The evaluation period depends on the skincare or cosmetic product types and its claims, however, normally it takes from one to three months.
The evaluation schedule example:
- after use immediately;
- after 8 hours;
- after 1 day;
- after 4 weeks;
- after 6 weeks;
- after 8 weeks.
The test is carried out with a group of healthy volunteers.
Frequently Asked Questions
To conduct the efficacy test for your products, we will request you to provide the number of samples according to the number of volunteers involved to the evaluation + 1 pcs., to keep as a product’s reference.
To conduct the efficacy test we selected 22 volunteers, so you will need to provide 23 pcs. of the product for the evaluation.
- Whitening – testing to measure changes in skin color.
- Depigmentation – testing to measure the reduction of dark spots.
- Brightening – testing the radiance of the skin.
- Anti-wrinkles – testing for measuring wrinkles reduction.
- Firming – testing to measure skin firmness.
- Moisturizing – testing for measuring skin moisture.
- Smoothing – testing to measure skin smoothness.
- Non-comedogenic / Non-acnegenic – testing of non-acne causes of the product.
- Scar Improvement – testing to measure the reduction of scars.
- Non-drying / Transepidermal water loss (TEWL) – testing for measuring water evaporation from the skin.
- Sebum-control – testing to measure oil control.
- Deep cleansing – testing to measure dirt on the skin.
Of course, to save your time and budget any other clinical test can also be conducted at the same time, such as irritation test.